On May 25th, 2021, Arca hosted a full day of keynotes and panels that cover a wide range of topics from investing to regulation to infrastructure. Designed for family offices, pensions, endowments, and HNWIs, FO256 was stacked with panelists who can cut through the noise and provide the relevant information about digital assets that you need to know.
Raoul Pal, CEO of Real Vision, gives a macro perspective on the digital asset ecosystem. He discusses the effects of the Federal Reserve printing money, digital asset volatility, bitcoin and blockchain antifragile value, and adoption stimulation.
The Current Institutional Adoption Wave
Panelists reveal the current digital asset projects their respective companies are working towards and feedback from retail and institutional customers.
Regulation: Clarity on the Horizon
- Andrew Peel, Head of Digital Asset Markets at Morgan Stanley
- Jennifer Murphy, COO of Western Asset Management
- Tom Jessop, President of Fidelity Digital Assets
- Tim Davis, Principal of Deloitte
- Subhanker Sinha, Head of Blockchain, Digital at BNY Mellon
Panelists provide legal review on the newest regulation guidelines. The panel discusses centralized and decentralized stablecoins, DeFi governance and the future of blockchain technology.
- Rebecca Rettig, General Counsel of Aave
- Marc Boiron, General Counsel of dYdX
- Colleen Sullivan, Co-founder and CEO of CMT Digital
- Marvin Ammori, CLO at Uniswap
- Phil Liu, Co-founder and CLO of Arca
Alan Lane, CEO of Silvergate Bank, delivers the afternoon keynote addressing the intersection of digital assets innovation and regulation.
NFTS: From CryptoKitties to BEEPLE
Panelists joined together to enlighten listeners on what the term NFT truly means, how the entertainment industry can be incentivized, and the emotional value of digital art.
- Jake Brukhman, Founder and CEO of CoinFund
- Sasha Fleyshman, PM of Arca
- Steve Reichard, VP of Business Development at Context365
- Justin Blau, Artist (3lau)
Supporting the Companies Building Tomorrow, Today
Panelists disclose what factors they look for when evaluating new digital assets companies and how founders can achieve the “Oh Shit” reaction investors are seeking. The panel reveals new partnerships and hints at original DeFi projects on the horizon.
- Ken Seiff, Managing Partner of Blockchange Ventures
- Robert Leshner, Founder of Compound
- Haseeb Qureshi, Managing Partner of Dragonfly Capital
- Mika Matsumura, General Partner of Gumi Ventures
- David Nage, Managing Director, Venture and Family Office of Arcae
Digital Securities: The Evolution of Financial Markets
Panelists highlight the progressive power of blockchain technology rails that will displace intermediaries. Panelists debate predictions on future market cap, bank involvement and regulatory approvals.
- Simon Forster, Co-head of Digital Assets at TP ICAP
- Mark Smith, Co-Founder and CEO of Symbiont
- Jerald David, President of Arca Labs
- Alan Konevsky, Chief Legal Officer at TZero
Taxonomy, Valuation, and Strategy
Panelists explain the possible reasons for recent market dips and growth, and how to evaluate the ecosystem's response to this activity.
- Ari Paul, CIO of BlockTower Capital
- Jill Malandrino, Global Markets Reporter at NASDAQ
- Jeff Dorman, CIO of Arca
- Ryan Selkis, Co-Founder and CEO of Messari
- Shilang Tang, CIO at LedgerPrime
The Dirty Truth - Supporting Renewable Energy & ESG
Panelists address and review the current ESG conversation, and its broader ‘accountability’ movement through all industries. The panel assesses the security of the bitcoin network, the value chain of power, and outlets for unbiased information.
- Meltem Demirors, Chief Strategy Officer of CoinShares
- Nic Carter, Founding Partner of Castle Island Ventures
- Mustafa Yiham, VP of Global BD at Bixin
- Sheila Warren, Deputy Head at World Economic Forum
- Rayne Steinberg, Co-Founder and CEO at Arca